Living Room BEFORE
Living Room AFTER
- The new space is almost entirely bright white save the floors. The strong white actually makes the space feel larger. The light at the end of room mixes with the white walls and almost makes it impossible to see the end of the room. The animal head seems to sort of float at the end of the room.
- Black light fixture and animal head= great contrast
- The designer took out one of the sofas in order to open up the space, and then added seating that brought contrast to the room and was more interesting
- The rug provides another neutral and makes the space cozier
- FLOWERS-- every room looks better with flowers
- ^^ this mantle is so calm and simple-- buy different size cheap glass vases and fill each with one flower of the same kind/color--> instant chic!
Hallway/office/eating area BEFORE
hallway/ office/ eating area AFTER
- the round table is multi-functional: eating, resting books, desk space BUT also is a good looking transition piece since the room is used as a hallway between living room and bedroom
- cleaner, more straight line organization on the left side
- things in pairs: mirror side tables that reflect the room to make it larger AND tall lamps to lift your eyes up
- WHITE walls -- help the space seem more open, cleaner, and bigger
- boards above the desk-- fun and a great place to put things you want to remember/you love
- and FLOWERS-- always work!
- the white does wonders in this room
- made up bed with white, stark linens
- fun pillows on the bed
- let the light in !
- ghost chair in the corner
- kept the contrast of white and brown by using the pre-existing shades
have a GREAT Tuesday!