Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Farm

For as long as I can remember, my family and I have escaped to Southern Alabama for a little r&r.  In a remote area of the state, near where my mother grew up, we can take our focus outdoors-- hiking, riding horses, and fishing.  I love being here together because it removes so many of the outside distractions of everyday life.  

Being here this weekend, i've realized that this place is full of most of my favorite colors and materials-- white, brown, green, blue, red/ wood and stone. The places you've been whether for a day or for years absolutely influence who you become and what you identify as beautiful. I love interior design and architecture because in its own special way it tells the story of the people who live there. 

I love this place for its natural beauty.  I am drawn to designs that reflect this beauty- simple and natural.  Below i've showed some pictures of the farm as a way of drawing inspiration. Our artistic creations are all just small reflections the greatest artist, our Lord. Pretty cool to live in a world such as this. 























No comments:

Post a Comment