Wednesday, September 10, 2014

fall series: 10 things to love this fall

I am more than ready for fall. It is by far my favorite season on the year. There is an excitement around Fall that just thrills me. Schools starting, football games begin, starbucks promotes the pumpkin spice latte.. how could you not smile? I think Tom Hanks as Joe Fox might have summed it up best in You've Got Mail (only the best movie, ever): 

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address" 

I want to receive a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils. That would suit me just fine. 

Today on the blog we are going to start a "fall celebration" by introducing 1 of my favorite 10 Fall trends/looks/things/events. 

The first look is black + white  (wouldn't call this a trend because black + white is always a classic look).  In all my favorite interiors, I lean towards simplicity.  I don't like too many knick-knacks lying around.  I would encourage you to take away 3 "little things" out of your room and see if you like it better.. i bet you will.  The great thing about using black and white is that it communicates a calm simplicity while at the same time helping the room to appear finished/thought out.  Check out the photos below to see some of my favorite black + white looks: 




i. love. that. tile. & the touches of brass just elevate it to the next level. swoon. 


again, the tile.. I mean how can you not love? This is so great because instead of being another all white bathroom, this room has SO much character and personality without being boring or unoriginal. 


i love how this designer mixed in light colored wood with the black and white. i also love how the decor in the glass cabinet reflect the same color story... even this minimalist room looks finished because of the repetition 


black & white meets green... perfect.


again, i love when the gallery wall/ decor accessories emphasize the color story of the room


i'd eat here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment